The Perfect Nutrition for your Baby.
Every woman’s path through motherhood is different, but one of the first things a new mom has to decide after giving birth is how she'll feed her child. There are a great deal of reasons why one might decide to breastfeed. Let’s explore some of the reasons breastfeeding contributes to a healthy future for the baby and for the breastfeeding mother as well:
Benefits for the Baby:
- Breast milk contains everything your baby needs: proteins, fats, lactose, vitamins, iron, minerals, water and enzymes in the exact amounts required for optimal growth and development.
- Breast milk contains substances that prevent harmful bacteria from growing in the intestines and causing gastrointestinal and diarrhoeal infections.
- Breastfed babies have fewer middle ear infections, fewer respiratory infections and a decreased risk of developing allergies, cancer, childhood diabetes and obesity.
- Breastfed babies have a decreased risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Breastfed babies are less prone to develop diabetes, heart disease, eczema, asthma and other allergic disorders later in life.
- Breastfeeding a premature baby decreases their risk of developing necrotising enterocolitis (NEC).
- Breastfeeding enhances brain development. Research shows there is better visual development and visual acuity in breastfed children.
Benefits for the Mother:
- Breastfeeding leads to a lower risk of type-2 diabetes, ovarian cancer, and certain types of breast cancer in mothers.
- Breast milk has the right temperature, needs no preparation and can be readily available whenever your baby needs it.
- Breastfeeding is more than just food. It can enhance the emotional bond between the baby and mother by providing warmth, love and affection.
Make Breastfeeding Easier & More Comfortable for You and your Baby with the Right Supplies!
A Perfect Alternative: The Breast Pump
There are many reasons a mom may not be able to exclusively feed from the breast, such as the baby having difficulty nursing or mother having to return to work. If these, or a number of other reasons, don’t allow for direct feeding at any given time, a breast pump may be the perfect solution!
If you have other questions, let us know.
We're here to help!
Contact Georgetown Home Medical Equipment Inc.
Let us help you find affordable quality solutions for all of your home healthcare needs. Please feel free to contact us at (512) 763-1020 or stop in today!